Sunday, May 23, 2010

God is Good!

I am overwhelmed at the greatness of our Lord!
I have just finished a day that we have been preparing for quite some time. I woke early this Sunday morning with excitement, for today I would be presenting a chalk-art during the morning church service! To add even more to the blessings, a fundraiser taco lunch will be hosted after the service.

Mom and I packed the mini-van with meat and beans that was prepared ahead of time. Along for the ride was the chalk-art picture with only the background drawn on it. We worked in the Covenant church kitchen chopping, cutting, and growing more and more excited for the day ahead. I wasn't nervous to talk about the trip, why be worried when God is on your side? He shows Himself so wonderfully! Like every time I hear or see a thunderstorm, it reminds me of Gods great love for me! I don't believe it was coincidence that the first thunderstorm of the year came last night while my mind was sketching out today's agenda.
I lift up my hands and give it all to Him! These may be my hands, but they are His work!
I'm so thankful for the help of Shannon, our neighbor, who put the load of planning the meal and ordering all the food on her shoulders!
Also to the sound crew dimmed the lights during the sermon at the right time.

To Pastor Galen who spoke during the chalk drawing (we ended at the same time- not rehearsed!)
And to EVERYONE who has supported me with funds, prayers, and AMAZING fellowship!
I am so blessed and overwhelmed with gratitude to everyone at the Lancaster Covenant church.




The Knapp girls and I leave on Friday for TX!

No comments: